Pallet Truck Buying Guide & Options
Which pallet truck do I require if I am using Chep pallets 1000mm wide x 1200mm long (40"x 48").
The best truck for this size and type of pallet is 685mm wide x 1000mm or 1150mm long, other lengths available. Standard raised height 210mm and a lowered height of 85mm.
Which pallet truck do I require if I am using standard Euro pallet (800mm x 1200mm).
The best truck for this size and type of pallet is 540mm wide x L1000mm or L 1150mm long, other lengths available. Standard raised height 210mm and a lowered height of 85mm.
The only other standard size pallet truck is mainly used by the print industry which is 450mm wide and available in many lengths from 600mm to 1150mm. Standard raised height 210mm ,lowered height of 85mm.
If the pallet you are using has less than 90mm beneath it you might want to look at our low profile pallet truck range.
Load Wheel Options
Most pallet trucks can be fitted with either single or tandem load wheels. Tandem wheels are most suited to areas where the floor is uneven or has ridges.
There are a number of choices of what materials the wheels are made from.
- Nylon - Hard wearing and easy to move under heavy loads.
- Polyurethen on Nylon - Again hard wearing and easy to move under heavy loads, these are also quieter than Nylon alone.
- Soft Polyurethen on a Steel Centre - These are much quieter to use but will require more effort to move when under heavy load.
Steer Wheel Options
Steering wheels are also available in Nylon, Polyurethene on nylon or rubber on a Aliuminium centre.
Progresive brake works the same way as a brake on a biycle the more you pull the brake lever, the harder the brake is applied.
- Dead Man Brake - The operator will need to hold in the leaver whist the truck is in motion; as soon as the lever is released the brake will operate.
- Parking Foot Brake - The brake is operated using the foot to apply and release brake.